As any parent will tell you, it is not easy and practically impossible to keep track of your kids at every moment. Even when the child is labeled as a good kid, it’s important to make sure you know what they are doing, because youngsters sometimes make bad decisions.

This includes a young girl named Esra Haynes, who was known as being a funny and talented youngster.

Unfortunately, she got caught up in a viral trend that ended up taking her life in a very tragic way. It is something known as chroming, which is a way that people get high by inhaling toxic chemicals through the nose or mouth.

For the most part, the young teenager lived a very healthy life and she was often seen living actively, racing bikes with her brothers, and even taking part in a national aerobics championship in Queensland.

When she was on a sleepover with friends, however, she made a bad decision and inhaled aerosol deodorant, which put her into cardiac arrest and gave her brain damage.

Her parents were understandably broken over the situation and the consequences she experienced after inhaling those toxic chemicals. They ended up having to let their daughter go, but they wanted others to know of the potential problem.

Her mother said: “It was just the regular routine of going to hang out with her mates. We always knew where she was and we knew who she was with. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary…To get this phone call at that time of night, (it) was one of the calls no parent ever wants to have to receive, and we unfortunately got that call: ‘Come and get your daughter.’”

By the time they arrived to where their daughter was, paramedics were already trying to revive her. They told the parents that she had been chroming and it was the first time her mother had heard the word.

She was taken to the hospital and put on life support but eight hours later, the parents were informed that the brain was damaged without hope of repair and they needed to make the decision to unplug life-support.

Friends and relatives were called to say their goodbyes and they said it was one of the most difficult things they had ever done.

“It was really devastating, devastating for everyone involved, all her friends as well,” Paul said. “It’s been the most difficult, traumatic time any parent could go through. We haven’t been sleeping, we’ve hardly been eating, we haven’t been smiling–we’re not ourselves…But it’s not just affected us, it’s the community as well.”

The father said that he wished he had known about this trend while she was still alive so he could’ve warned her. They are hoping that her death is not in vain, as they would like others to know about this dangerous trend and what it can cause.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *